What is a game jam ?
A Game Jam is an event usually for video game creation over a specific period of time. In practice, this means that the participants will form teams and create video games on a given topic, all in less than 2 days. A Game Jam is a good way to learn about the creation process of games, improve your coding skills, try out new ideas, meet other enthusiasts and build your professional network.
Been there, done that... (What's different this time ?)
First of all, this jam is also open to every other kind of games creators (card board games, wargames, role-playing games and so on). It's quite logical actually ; those two communities have a lot in common ; obviously the love of games, interest in game design and, of course, quite often a will to create awesome stuffs and share it to the world. Who knows ? Maybe you'll meet perchance an awesome game designer or coder who is the perfect person for your future studio. Ludilab will give a talk about game design and then empower your team.
Secondly, and thank to our partner, the Bifff (Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival), you'll be able to show your prototype during the festival (both in the lobby and on stage) and pitch it against the competition for a chance to win the audience award. While it has never been so affordable to create a game, it has become very hard to advertise efficiently your project amongst the numerous games that are being made each year. Seize this opportunity to test thoroughly and promote your idea in front of a lot of people.
More info's (Help us by liking and sharing it)
Hashtag : #blendingjam
Remaining money will be given to a foundation or charity of your choice. Vote here! (Twitter login required)
Rue des anciens étangs 40
Thanks to our partner Factory 40, we'll be able to hold this event in a wide and super cosy working space. Take a look at their website, they're awesome!
Start : the 18th of March 2016 at 19:00
End : the 20th of March 2016 around 17:00
Don't forget that you also have the incredible chance of showing your game during the Bifff and pitch it on stage on the 9th of April (Room 3) from 14:00 till 18:00.
Shut up and take my money (How Much does it cost ?)
Only 14.99€! Drinks and breakfast included.
Buy your ticket now on Eventbrite!
Rules & Practical infos
- If you're planning on making a video game : Bring your own laptop (and eventually an extension cord).
- For every other medium : We'll provide paper, scissors and some tokens but it won't hurt if you bring pens, dices and anything else you need.
- If you're intending on sleeping there (Who sleeps during a jam anyway ?), please bring your air mattress.
- We'll offer drinks and breakfast. As for the others meals, we'll try to find a food truck. Shops are available nearby anyway.
- Please note that all purchases are finals. No refunds.
- A lot of free parking places are available nearby. So coming by car shouldn't be a problem.
- Stay civil ; I hope we don't need to say this but if you don't, we'll have to ban you.
- We'll be there the whole week-end to make sure the event is enjoyable, help you in any way and monitor the place but always keep an eye on your stuff and use common sense.
- Please keep the place clean.
- Any question ? Contact us via Eventbrite
- We'll update this page regularly with new informations.
Update : 22 February 2016 - The Date and time to pitch your game at the Bifff is now set and publicly available.
Update : 3 March 2016 - Remaining money will be given to a foundation or charity of your choice. Vote here! (Twitter login required)
Update : 4 March 2016 - 4 coders from the ISIB school of engineers just subscribed. We like coders! We want more coders too.
Update : 5 March 2016 - Press-Start talk about us. Read the full article here!
Update : 9 March 2016 - We've received help from Screen.Brussels, the biggest supporter of the indie community. Look at their website to see what they can do to help your start-up.
Update : 11 March 2016 - Tric Trac talk about us. Read the full article here!
Update : 18 March 2016 - We are part of the BIFFF - 2nd Gaming Madness Days
Update : 21 March 2016 - Thank you all for coming. It was fun! Prototypes available on Itch.io
Update : 28 March 2016 - Come at the Biff (with all your friends) to see and play the games.
Last Update : 9 Avril 2016 We had a blast! We cannot thank enough all participants for giving their best. We're glad we did it. Stay tuned for a second edition next year. It will be bigger and better. See you all in 2017 : )